Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Father's Day
















My husband is the world's most difficult person to shop for....he never asks for anything so I am always on my own to find somerthing that I think he will like. It takes me forever to pick something out because I want to make sure it will be perfect and I usually start weeks ahead of time. I had been racking my brain for awhile trying to figure out what to get him for Father's Day and then I decided that I would make his gift. My daughter is always saying the most off the wall things adn we have always wanted a way to preserve those funny moments in time so I decided that was what I was going to do for him and it ended up being a lot easier than I thought. I took paper lunch bags and folded then in half and then bound it with ribbon. Every other page has a "pocket" from the opening to the bag and on those pages I put the quotes that are so much funnier when you know the story behind why she said something so in the "pocket" I put a little card that you can pull out and read the story behind the quote. The one problem with getting the gift done early is that I got impatient and gave it to him this week...he absolutely loved it! I have already started keeping track of quotes for a second edition :)

1 comment:

  1. I signed up as your first follower! I've been on the lookout for frugal bloggers in Minnesota, so tell me about your bargains!
    Chrissy at knittoday(at)hotmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete